CSI/CSC Masterformat 2004
MasterFormat is developed and maintained by the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) and Construction Specifications Canada (CSC). It is a master list of numbers and titles classified by work results or construction practices, which is primarily used to organize project manuals and detailed cost information, as well as relate drawing notations to design specifications. The MasterFormat standard provides a standardized filing and retrieval method that can be used throughout the construction industry, no matter the project.
The framework is set out in MasterFormat 2004 to specifically address the classification of Work Results, allowing more and more gradual refinement and definition. Work Results in this context are defined as traditional construction practices that typically result from an application of skills to construction products or resources. All Work Results within Autodesk® Seek are assigned a specific category and users may use the framework below to view the various categories of Work Results available. This "Work Results-based" approach provides an alternative to more generalized keyword search, helping users in Autodesk® Seek more efficiently search and locate the Products that best meet their specific project criteria.
More information about Masterformat 2004 is available at Masterformat.com.
- 00.00.00-Procurement and Contracting Requirements
- 01.00.00-General Requirements
- 06.00.00-Wood, Plastics, and Composites
- 07.00.00-Thermal and Moisture Protection
- 13.00.00-Special Construction
- 14.00.00-Conveying Equipment
- 21.00.00-Fire Suppression
- 23.00.00-Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC)
- 25.00.00-Integrated Automation
- 28.00.00-Electronic Safety and Security
- 32.00.00-Exterior Improvements
- 35.00.00-Waterway and Marine Construction
- 40.00.00-Process Integration
- 41.00.00-Material Processing and Handling Equipment
- 42.00.00-Process Heating, Cooling, and Drying Equipment
- 43.00.00-Process Gas and Liquid Handling, Purification, and Storage Equipment
- 44.00.00-Pollution Control Equipment